This legal agreement is an electronic record in terms of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions about electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
This Application is created and operated by M/s. Rider App Technologies LLP, (hereinafter referred to as “We”, “Our”, and “Us”) having its registered address at “Ernakulam” and operating under the brand name “Rider App” (“Brand name”). We intend to ensure your steady commitment to the usage of this Application and the services provided by us through our Application “Rider App” (“Application”)
ii. “You”, “Your”, “Yourself”, “Customer” shall mean and refer to natural and legal individuals or firms who are registered on the Application, searching as customers for any of the services listed on the platform.
iii. “You”, “Your”, “Yourself”, “Provider” shall mean and refer to natural and legal individuals or firms who are registered on the Application, for the operation of providing any of the listed services on the platform to the customer.
iv. “User” shall mean and refer to Customer or Client.
v. “Third Parties” refer to any Application, platform or individual apart from the Users and the creator of this Application.
The application is an online aggregator platform working under the following four major categories-
1) Taxi Service,
2) Couriers Service
3) Delivery Service
4) Utility Service.
The functionality of the platform for the service of ‘Taxi’ is through the hiring of a Car, Auto or Electric Bike services by the user. In ‘Courier’ service, we have options for Single and Multiple delivery locations. We deliver Food and Grocery Items in the initial stage under ‘Delivery’ service based on future requirement we can add any services like Laundry, Flower, etc. and finally, under ‘Utility’ service you can book services like Electrician, Plumber, Helper, etc.
All the user/ customers we are calling as ‘Users’ and they can avail services through ‘Rider App’. All drivers, delivery agents, service providers we call as ‘Providers’ and they are providing services through ‘Rider App Provider’.
Registration on the Application is mandatory for Users of the Applications if the Users want to avail services through our Application. The Users have to provide the following information at the time of registration.
ii. Phone Number
iii. Email ID
v. Date of Birth
vi. Country, City
The Users can also login with their social media accounts such as Google and Facebook at the time of signing up on the Application.
For making all payments for services on the Application, you shall be required to make payment for which you will be redirected to a third-party payment gateway (Razorpay) that we may have an agreement with. The payment gateway may additionally seek information from you to process the payment for your purchase. The payment gateway consists of Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI and other wallet options. You shall be governed under the concerned payment gateway’s Terms and Conditions and other Policies for the purpose of all payment-related aspects.
c) You shall not use the Application if you are not competent to contract or are disqualified from doing so by any other applicable law, rule or regulation currently in force.
All text, graphics, User interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, brand names, descriptions, sounds, music and artwork (collectively, ‘Content’), is generated/provided or based on information provided by the users or third parties and We have no control and make no guarantees regarding the quality, the accuracy, integrity or genuineness of such content or such other information provided on the Application.
All the Content displayed on the Application is subject to copyright and shall not be reused by You (or a third party) without the prior written consent from Us and the copyright owner.
You are solely responsible for the integrity, authenticity, quality and genuineness of the content provided on the Application and whilst feedback and comments by You can be made via the Application, we bear no liability whatsoever for any feedback or comments made by the other Users or made in respect of any of the content on the Application. Further, the Application reserves its right to suspend the account of any User for an indefinite period to be decided at the discretion of the Application or to terminate the account of any User who is found to have created or shared or submitted any content or part thereof that is found to be untrue/inaccurate/misleading or offensive/vulgar. You shall be solely responsible for making good any financial or legal losses incurred through the creation/sharing/submission of Content or part thereof that is deemed to be untrue/inaccurate/misleading.
You have a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited privilege to access the content on the Application. You shall not copy, adapt, and modify any content without written permission from Us.
a. Your use of the Application,
c. Your violation of any rights of another;
e. Your conduct in connection with the Application;
You agree to fully cooperate in indemnifying Us at your expense. You also agree not to settle with any party without consent from Us.
In no event shall we be liable to compensate You or any third party for any special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages whatsoever, including those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not foreseeable, and whether or not You had been advised of the possibility of such damages, or based on any theory of liability, including breach of contract or warranty, negligence or other tortuous action, or any other claim arising out of or in connection with the Your use of or access to the Application and/or the Services or materials contained therein.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
a. We are not responsible for any consequences arising out of the following events:
i. If the Application is inoperative/non-responsive due to any connectivity errors associated with the internet connection such as but not limited to slow connectivity, no connectivity, server failure;
ii. If you have fed incorrect information or data or for any deletion of data;
iii. If there is an undue delay or inability to communicate through email;
iv. If there is any deficiency or defect in the Services managed by Us;
v. If there is a failure in the functioning of any other service provided by Us.
b. The Application accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, on behalf of itself, or for any damage caused to You, Your belongings, or any third party, resulting from the use or misuse of the Application or any service availed of by Us through the Application. The service and any Content or material displayed on the service is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy, suitability, completeness or reliability. We will not be liable to you for the unavailability or failure of the Application.
e. To the fullest extent permitted by law, We shall not be liable to You or any other party for any loss or damage, regardless of the form of action or basis of any claim. You acknowledge and agree that your sole and exclusive remedy for any dispute with us is to terminate your use of the Application.
b. You may terminate your use of the Application at any time.
d. Such suspension or termination shall not limit our right to take any other action against you that we consider appropriate.
e. It is also hereby declared that we may discontinue the Services and Applications without any prior notice.
a. We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to unilaterally terminate Your access to the Application, or any portion thereof, at any time, without notice or cause.
b. We also reserve the universal right to deny access to You, to any/all of are on its Application without any prior notice/explanation to protect the interests of the Application and/or other Users to the Application.
c. We reserve the right to limit, deny or create different access to the Application and its features concerning different Users, or to change any of the features or introduce new features without prior notice.
By using this Application and providing Your identity and contact information to Us through the Application, You agree and consent to receive calls, e-mails or SMS from Us and/or any of its representatives at any time.
You can report to “firstname.lastname@example.org” if you find any discrepancy with regard to Application or content-related information and we will take necessary action after an investigation. The response with resolution (if any issues found) shall be dependent on the time is taken for investigation.
USER OBLIGATIONS AND FORMAL UNDERTAKINGS AS TO CONDUCT
1. For Courier Service:
• The user acknowledges that our liability in case of any loss or damage shall not exceed Rs. 200/-.
• The user acknowledges that they have been advised to insure parcels containing valuables.
• The user acknowledges that the Company shall not be liable for any loss arising due to confiscation of goods by any government or local authority.
• The user acknowledges that they have been informed that for packets weighing very little but occupying Abnormal / Additional Area, they shall be charged volumetrically.
• The user acknowledges that the Company has the right but not the obligation, to inspect any Package including without limitation to opening the Package.
• The user acknowledges that the Company not be liable for any consequential or special damages or other direct or indirect loss however arising
2. Food & grocery Delivery:
• The User acknowledges that they have been informed that to order food and beverages from a Restaurant Partner, they have to click on ‘Place Order’ tab on the Restaurant Partner page on the Rider App which shall constitute an unconditional and irrevocable authorization issued in favor of Us to place online orders for food and beverages against the Restaurant Partners on the User’s behalf.
• The user acknowledges that an order, once placed on behalf of User by the Rider App and accepted by a Restaurant Partner constitutes a separate contract of sale of goods under the Sale of Goods Act,1930 and the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 or any successor legislation between the Restaurant Partner and the User, to which the Food Delivery Platform shall not be a party.
• The User acknowledges that while placing an order the details like contact number, delivery address, etc. are accurate and correct. By providing these details, the User expresses his/her acceptance of Our terms and conditions and privacy policies.
• The User acknowledges that food purchased via Rider App shall not be resold.
• The User acknowledges that they have been informed that they shall be charged a delivery fee for delivery of the order by the Delivery Partner or Restaurant Partner as the Delivery Partner or Restaurant Partner may determine (“Delivery Charges”). The User must agree that the Food Delivery Platform is authorized to collect, on behalf of the Delivery Partner or Restaurant Partner, as the case may be. The Delivery Charges may vary from, order to order, which may be determined on multiple factors such as order value, demand during peak hours, etc.
3. Taxi / Auto / Electric bike service:
• The user acknowledges that he is 18 years of age and has opened an account on the platform after attaining the age of majority.
• When placing a Service Request, whether by message, via Application, calling the call centre, standard messaging charges, data charges, voice charges, as applicable, of Your and Our phone network service providers, will apply.
• During the course of the Bike ride, You must wear the helmet and wear Seat belt when you riding on a Car.
4. Utility services:
• The user acknowledges that they have been informed that the material charge will be additionally charged.
• The user acknowledges that they have been informed that the user can either purchase the material or request the service partner to procure it.
• The user acknowledges that they have been informed that the time for material procurement will be charged for billing.
• The user acknowledges that if the user denies the service delivery or reschedules service after partner arrives in the user premises, user shall be charged for a cancellation fee.
• The user acknowledges that they have been informed that the Company would be charging additional Rs. 150 in addition to service charge for service delivery between 08:00 PM till 08:00 AM, Sunday and other holidays.
• The user acknowledges that that the Service provider may help the user with quotation in case for long hour work schedules. The same will have to be confirmed before initiating work to avoid any conflict on service completion. In case the user does not want to continue service, the Company may charge Rs. 150 as inspection charge.
• The user acknowledges that the Company reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an order due to unavailability of service partner or over booking.
As a User, you understand that request or use of Our Services may result in charges to you (“Charges”). Charges for Our Services include Fares and other applicable fees, tolls, surcharges, and taxes, plus any tips to the Driver that you elect to pay. We have the authority and reserves the right to determine and modify pricing by posting applicable pricing terms or quoting you a price for a specific ride at the time you make a request. Pricing may vary based on the type of service you request (e.g., Sedan, Hatchback, Premium, etc.).
There are two types of Fares, variable and quoted.
• Variable Fares. Variable fares consist of a base charge and incremental charges based on the duration and distance of your ride. For particularly short rides, minimum fares may apply. Please note that we use GPS data from your Driver’s phone to calculate the distance traveled on your ride. We cannot guarantee the availability or accuracy of GPS data. If we lose signal we will calculate time and distance using available data from your ride.
• Quoted Fares. In some cases we may quote you a Fare at the time of your request. The quote is subject to change until the ride request is confirmed. If during your ride you change your destination, make multiple stops, or attempt to abuse Our Platform, we may cancel the fare quote and charge you a variable fare based on the time and distance of your ride. We does not guarantee that the quoted fare price will be equal to a variable fare for the same ride. Quoted Fares may include the Fees and Other Charges below, as applicable.
Fees and Other Charges
• Service Fee. You may be charged a “Service Fee” for each service as a percentage of Total amount or a fixed price.
• Prime Time. At certain times, including times of high demand for Ride Services (“Prime Time”), you acknowledge that Charges may increase substantially. For all rides with a variable fare, we will use reasonable efforts to inform you of any Prime Time increases in effect at the time of your request. For Quoted Fares we may factor in the Prime Time increases into the quoted price of the ride.
• Cancellation Fee. After requesting a ride you may cancel it through the Rider App, but note that in certain cases a cancellation fee may apply. You may also be charged if you fail to show up after requesting a ride. Please check about our cancellation policy, including applicable fees.
• Damage Fee. If a Driver reports that you have materially damaged the Driver’s vehicle, you agree to pay a “Damage Fee” of up to 20,000 Rs. depending on the extent of the damage (as determined by Ust in its sole discretion), towards vehicle repair or cleaning. Lyft reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify or otherwise require documentation of damages prior to processing the Damage Fee.
• Tolls. In some instances tolls (or return tolls) may apply to your ride. We do not guarantee that the amount charged by Us will match the toll charged to the Driver, if any.
• Other Charges. Other fees and surcharges may apply to your ride, including: actual or anticipated airport fees, state or local fees, or event fees as determined by Us or its marketing partners. In addition, where required by law. We will collect applicable taxes.
You agree and acknowledges that you are a restricted user of this Application and you:
a.Agree to provide genuine credentials during the process whenever required on the Application. You shall not use a fictitious identity to register. We are not liable if you have provided incorrect information.
b.Agree to ensure the Name, Email address, Address, Mobile number and any such other information that may be provided during account registration is valid at all times and shall keep your information accurate and up-to-date.
c.Agrees that the User shall be entirely responsible for all activities that the user shall undertake post making the booking with the service provider/vendor and the user shall undertake sole responsibility towards any activities including but not limited to vehicle accidents, smuggling, trafficking, any illegal or prohibited activities. Further, the user shall waive all its rights to undertake any action against us towards any breach of personally identifiable information.
d.The customer agrees to verify the Provider, before starting a service, whereby an OTP will be generated and the Customer needs to provide the same to the service Provider. Whereas in case of ‘Taxi’ service as hired by the Customer, waiting charge will be imposed after 5 min of the arrival of the vehicle of the Service Provider. Also, the Customer shall be charged if the vehicle passes a toll gate according to the toll charges.
e.You agree that we shall not be responsible for any health/accident/death insurance, as we are only an aggregator between customers and Providers.
f.The customer needs to follow all Covid Protocols as stipulated by the respective regulatory authorities.
g.The customer agrees to contact the customer care for any complaints or lost items within 2 days from the date of incident.
h.The Customer agrees that the service opted on ‘Courier’ should be well packed, and shall contain only govt. authorized items and no restricted items like weapons, Drugs, Gold, etc.
i.The Customer shall provide the details of the Courier delivery location with the contact number and to make the payments via Cash/UPI/Net Banking, either at sending time or receiving time and cooperate with our paper works if any.
j.In the ‘Food and Grocery’ delivery service the Customer make sure that the Parcel is not broken before accepting the delivery. For any dispute arises due to the change in quantity or quality, you may approach the Vendor directly and can raise a dispute in our Application.
k.If the Customer does not respond after 10 minutes of delivery agents arrival, no refund will be provided and in case of cash on delivery, full amount will be debited from Customer wallet or as per our Cancellation & refund policy.
l.The Customer opting for ‘Utility’ service agrees that he/she will provide information about the nature of work with Photo according to which the charges may vary depending on the workload.
m.The rates indicating on our App while booking a service is an approximate amount, the rate may vary depends on the time, distance, waiting period, toll charges, etc.
n.You agree that You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any or no reason.
o.The User represents and warrants that the User shall undertake to exclude any liability and hold the Firm harmless for any legal action that may arise for the Firm due to the user’s activities which may involve any type of illegal activities in which the user undertakes to use the services of the vendor under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or for smuggling, trafficking, etc. which may or may not involve prohibited substances and commodities or if there arises any legal action against the Firm under the provisions of the Indian penal code.
p.The User further represents and warrants that the negotiations and the discussions between the user and the vendor shall be at their sole discretion and the Firm in no manner shall be made a party to such discussions that may involve the vendor’s services to the user. Such discussions and negotiations may include but not limited to the payment, promotions and payment terms.
q.The User represents and warrants that We are not responsible for the operation of vendors, quality of products, nor the content uploaded by them.
r.The User represents and warrants that the Firm shall have a limited liability to provide the user with a basic acknowledgement on the condition of the vehicle that may be provided by the Provider. However, the Provider shall be solely responsible for all the quality and the condition of the vehicle provided by the Provider to the user and the user shall in no manner bring out any suit or thereby any legal action against the Firm.
s. User represents and warrants that the Firm may offer other additional accidental insurance packages from any third parties, which will benefit the user. However, the Firm does not guarantee the user the same at any time.
t. Authorize the Application to use, store or otherwise process certain personal information and all published Content, responses, locations, User comments, reviews and ratings for personalization of Services, marketing and promotional purposes and for optimization of User-related options and Services.
v.Are bound not to cut, copy, modify, recreate, reverse engineer, distribute, disseminate, post, publish or create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or obtained from the Application. Any such use/limited use of the Application will only be allowed with the prior express written permission.
w.Agree that promotions and giveaways are governed by a different set of rules.
x.Agree that We are only responsible for the advance payments made to Us and not the offline payments made to the Vendors.
y.Agree not to access (or attempt to access) the Application and/or the materials or Services by any means other than through the interface provided by the Application. The use of deep-link, robot, spider or other automatic devices, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Application or its content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Application, materials or any content, or to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not specifically made available through the Application will lead to suspension or termination of your access to the Application. We disclaim any liabilities arising concerning such offensive content on the Application.
z.Expressly agree and acknowledge that the Content generated by the Users and displayed on the Application is not owned by Us and that We are in no way responsible for the content of the same. You may, however, report any offensive or objectionable content, which We may then remove from the Application, at our sole discretion.
You further undertake not to:
a.Engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts access to the Application or the services provided therein (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Application);
b.Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent his/her affiliation with a person or entity;
c.Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Application or any network connected to the Application, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Application or any network connected to the Application. The User may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information relating to any other User of, or visitor to, the Application, or any other viewer of the Application, including any User account maintained on the Application not operated/managed by the User, or exploit the Application or information made available or offered by or through the Application, in any manner;
d.Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Application, systems resources, accounts, passwords, servers, or networks connected to or accessible through the Application or any affiliated or linked Applications.
f.Violate any code of conduct or guideline which may apply for or to any particular service offered on the Application;
g.Violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations currently in force within or outside India;
i. Commit any act that causes Us to lose (in whole or in part) the Services of its Internet Establishment (“ISP”) or in any manner disrupts the Services of any other supplier/service provider of the Application;
j. You hereby expressly authorize Us to disclose any and all information relating to You in our possession to law enforcement or other government officials, as We may in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes, especially those involve personal injury and theft/infringement of intellectual property. You further understand that the Application might be directed to disclose any information (including the identity of persons providing information or materials on the Application) as necessary to satisfy any judicial Order, law, regulation or valid governmental request.
k.By indicating Your acceptance to use any services offered on the Application, You are obligated to complete such transactions after making payment. You shall be prohibited from indicating their acceptance to avail services where the transactions have remained incomplete.
l. You agree to use the services provided by Us, our affiliates, consultants and contracted companies, for lawful purposes only.
m.You agree to provide authentic and true information. We reserve the right to confirm and validate the information and other details provided by You at any point in time. If upon confirmation such details are found to be false, not to be true (wholly or partly), We shall in our sole discretion reject the registration and debar You from using the Application without prior intimation whatsoever.
n.You agree not to post any material on the Application that is defamatory, offensive, obscene, indecent, abusive, or needlessly distressful or advertising any goods or services. More specifically, You agree not to host, display, upload, update, publish, modify, transmit, or in any manner share any information that:
i. belongs to another person and to which you have no right to;
ii. is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
iii. is in any way harmful to minors;
iv. infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
v. violates any law for the time being in force;
vi. deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing;
vii. Abuse, harass, threaten, defame, disillusion, erode, abrogate, demean or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
viii. Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with a person or entity;
ix. Publish, post, disseminate, any grossly harmful information, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to “indecent representation of women” within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
x. Threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
SUSPENSION OF USER ACCESS AND ACTIVITY
Notwithstanding other legal remedies that may be available, we may in our sole discretion, limit your access and/or activity by immediately removing your access credentials either temporarily or indefinitely, or suspend/terminate your association with the Application, and/or refuse to the usage of the Application, without being required to provide you with notice or cause:
b. If you have provided wrong, inaccurate, incomplete or incorrect information;
c. If your actions may cause any harm, damage or loss to the other Users or Us, at our sole discretion.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You shall not use any of the intellectual property displayed on the Application in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among existing or prospective users of the Application, or that in any manner disparages or discredits the Application, to be determined in the sole discretion.
You are aware all intellectual property, including but not limited to copyrights, relating to said services resides with the owners, and that at no point does any such intellectual property stand transferred from the aforementioned creators. You are aware that we merely provide the Application through which You can communicate with other users and the Application does not own any of the intellectual property relating to the independent content displayed on the Application, apart from created graphics and specified content.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES
a.You further agree and undertake that you are accessing the Application at your sole risk and are that you are using the best and prudent judgment before availing of any features on the Application or accessing/using any information displayed thereon.
b.You agree that any kind of information, resources, activities, recommendations obtained/availed from the Application, written or oral, will not create any warranty and we disclaim all liabilities resulting from these.
c.We do not guarantee that the features and content contained in the Application will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the Application or its server will be free of viruses or other harmful components, and You hereby expressly accepts any associated risks involved with your use of the Application.
We will not be liable for damages for any delay or failure to perform our obligations hereunder if such delay or failure is due to cause beyond our control or without its fault or negligence, due to Force Majeure events including but not limited to acts of war, acts of God, earthquake, riot, fire, festive activities sabotage, labour shortage or dispute, internet interruption, technical failure, breakage of sea cable, hacking, piracy, cheating, illegal or unauthorized.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND JURISDICTION
In the event of any dispute arising out of or in connection with this agreement, including any dispute relating to the validity of this agreement, the parties shall, at first instance, attempt to resolve the dispute by mediation administered by the Centre for Online Resolution of Disputes (“CORD”) (www.resolveoncord.com) and conducted in accordance with the CORD Rules of Mediation, by a sole mediator to be appointed by CORD.
In the event the parties are unable to resolve any such dispute through mediation within 45 days of the initiation of the dispute, subject to a contrary agreement between the parties, the dispute shall be finally resolved by arbitration administered by CORD and conducted in accordance with the Rules of Arbitration of CORD, by a sole arbitrator to be appointed by CORD. The language of arbitration shall be English. The seat of arbitration shall be Ernakulam, Kerala, India.
The following Prohibited Goods not permitted to book through our services
- Live Stock and its Articles
- Activated SIM cards
- Air guns, replica and imitation firearms
- Alcohol/tobacco/drugs/poisonous goods
- Animal Raw Skins/Furs
- Antiques (objects over 100 years old)
- APO ( Army Post Office ) / FPO ( Fleet Post Office )/DPO (Diplomatic Post Office) Addresses
- Arms & Ammunitions
- Biological Substance, Category B
- Bullion (of any precious metal)
- Contraband including, but not limited to, illicit drugs and counterfeit goods
- Corrosive items (acids, chemicals), radioactive material such as Aluminum chloride, Caustic soda, Corrosive cleaning fluid, Corrosive rust remover/preventative, Corrosive paint remover (Nail Polish), Acid (Hydrochloric acid, Nitric acid, Sulphuric acid, etc.)
- Cremated or Disinerred Human Remains
- Currency, Cheques, Bullion, Payment Cards, Traveler Cheques, Stamps
- Dangerous goods and Hazardous material prohibited or restricted by IATA /ICAO and other Government or Regulatory Agencies
- Dry Ice
- Drugs – Cocaine, Cannabis resin, LSD, Narcotics, Morphine,Opium, Psychotropic substances, etc.
- Edible Oils, De-oiled groundnut cakes, Fodder and Rice bran
- Electronic cigarettes
- Endangered species/plants and its parts under CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora)
- Explosives (arms, ammunition, fireworks, flares, gunpowder, airbag inflators)
- Fire extinguishers
- Fireworks and Other items of an incendiary or Flammable nature
- Flammable items (fire crackers, oil cans, adhesives, paint cans)
- Gambling devices, lottery tickets.
- Gold, Silver, Platinum, Articles of Gem & Jewelry
- Gases compressed, liquefied or dissolved under pressure
- Hazarous Waste, including but not limited to Used Hypodermic Needles and/or Syringes or Medical waste
- High capacity batteries such as car batteries, generator batteries
- Human and Animal Embryos,
- Human and animal remains, including ashes
- Human Corpses, Organs or Body Parts.
- Hunting (animal) trophies,
- Indian Postal Articles
- Industrial Diamonds
- Ivory and ivory products
- Ketamine and other Drugs of Illegal Narcotics (contraband) and Psychotropic substances
- LEDs, LCDs, plasma, OLED and any kind of television screens
- Letter of Credit/Bill of Lading
- Liquid Chemicals and other liquid products
- Lottery tickets and gambling devices where prohibited by law.
- Machinery parts containing oil, grease, fuel or batteries
- Magnetized material
- Marijuana, including Marijuana intended for medical use
- Meat and Edible Meat of all kinds
- Narcotic drugs and Psychotropic substances
- Negotiable Items or documents
- Negotiable Currency – Bullion, Money, Fake/Dummy/Collectable Cash, Payment Cards, Traveler Cheques, Passports, IDs, Stamps
- Oxidizing substances and organic peroxides Solids such as Fertilizers, Dyes, Bromates, Chlorates, Nitrates, Perchlorates, Permanganates, Peroxides, Weed killers, Insecticides
- Plants and plant material including Seeds and Cut Flowers.
- Pornographic material
- Precious, semi-precious metals or stones in any form including bricks
- Radioactive material – Fissile material (Uranium 235, etc.), Radioactive waste material, Thorium or Uranium ores etc
- Sand/Soil and Ores
- Sandalwood and its oils
- Sea shells, including polished sea shells and handicrafts
- Special Chemicals, Organisms, Materials, Equipments & Technologies (SCOMET) items
- Toner (Photocopier)
- Toxic and infectious substances – Arsenic, Beryllium, Cyanide, Fluorine, Hydrogen Solenoid, Mercury, Mercury salts, Mustard gas, Nitrobenzene, Nitrogen dioxide, Pesticides, Poisons, Rat poison, Ebola, Foot and mouth disease, Environmental, clinical and medical waste
- Wet Ice (Frozen Water)
- Wood and wood pulp/products
Restricted Commodities permitted only with prior approval from the Customs clearance team
- Alcoholic beverages
- Artificial Jewelry
- Auto parts with fluids in them
- Banderols/Tax stickers with a shipment value in excess of EUR 500,000
- Cannabis for medicinal purposes from bona fide pharmaceutical manufacturers with appropriate licences and where lawful to ship, which must be in tablet or liquid form, may be carried with an approved business case.
- Cigarettes, cigars, tobacco products and electronic cigarettes with a shipment value in excess of EUR 500,000
- Commemorative coins and medals with an individual value or total shipment value of EUR 2,000 or more are restricted for carriage
- Food stuffs, Perishable Food articles and Beverages requiring refrigeration or other Environmental control
- Lithium Batteries
- Loose Pearls
- Maps and literature where Indian external boundaries have been shown incorrectly
- Other Regulated Material (ORM-D) Service
- Passports (only with Govt approval)
- Shipments that requires special License or Permit for transportation
- Time-sensitive or critical written materials or documents including bids and contract proposals
- Used Merchandise
- Works of art
NDPS prohibited drugs – Marketing Substance
- Beta-Hydroxy-3-methyl fentanyl
- Diphenoxylic Acid
- Ethyl Loflazepate
Definition: Commodities, which possess potentially hazardous characteristics. These are as the laid out by IATA in the Dangerous Goods Regulations.
The categories of dangerous goods are:
- Class 1: Explosives
- Class 2: Gases
- Class 3: Flammable Liquids
- Class 4: Flammable Solids
- Class 5: Oxidizers and Organic Peroxides
- Class 6: Toxic & Infectious Substances
- Class 7: Radioactive Material
- Class 8: Corrosives
- Class 9: Miscellaneous e.g. Magnets – a danger to airplane equipment
The guidelines are available in the following links:
- Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) – http://www.iata.org/publications/dgr/Pages/index.aspx
- Live Animals Regulations (LAR) – http://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/live-animals.aspx
- Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR) – http://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/perishable-cargo.aspx
- Lithium Battery Shipping Guidelines (LBSG) – http://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/lithium-battery-guidelines.aspx
- The Air Cargo Tariff and Rules (TACT) – http://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/air-cargo-tariff.aspx